NFL Picks

Sunday, December 05, 2010

 

THE DAY'S BEST BETS

/title>



After all is said and done, all you need for a profitable Sunday is three or five bets.

Chicago -4 ½ over Detroit looks waaaay out of line. I don't know. After last week why isn't it bigger? Sure, Jay Cutler is due for his annual meltdown any week now, but he seems to have matured somewhat this season. I'd bet he holds it together and I'll take the Bears.


Miami -5 over Cleveland. I'm not a big fan of either team, but I figure both to be over rated and a 5 point line tells me that the odds makers figure the same. In reality, Miami has some potential, Cleveland has none. I'm going with Miami.

Green Bay -8 over San Francisco I can understand. The 49'ers look pretty good lately, but the Packers are a serious team and need a big win. And 8 points is just enough to balance out the betting. I'm liking the “Pack”.

Indianapolis is giving 5 to Dallas. I'm not ready to say Manning is finished and I'm not ready to say the Cowboys are resurgent, but, given the last few weeks, I have to take Dallas in this one. Three points may have caused me to think twice but since I think Dallas has an even chance of winning I have to take the points.

That's four games and in order to make this a viable weekend you're either going to have to limit yourself to any three of the four or else I add a fifth team. I'm reluctant on my next pick since I never seem to get my hometown team right, but I like the Bills getting 5 against the Vikings. The only way Minnesota can win this is if they concentrate on their ground game but I just don't see coach Frazier being that bright. Buffalo plays hard every game and they can score against the Vikings.


Assuming a positive outcome I don't think you can miss pumping up your profit by take New England over the Jets on Monday night.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   August 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   October 2009   January 2010   February 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?